Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Is ignorance bliss?

Where in heavens did that phrase originate from?



Thomas GrayOde on a Distant Prospect of Eton College
".Yet ah! why should they know their fate? Since sorrow never comes too late, And happiness too swiftly flies. Thought would destroy their paradise. No more; where ignorance is bliss, 'Tis folly to be wise." (http://www.phrases.org.uk/bulletin_board/20/messages/1361.html)

Is that the case today?

Let me give quote from something that I have on my computer desktop- This is found on page 29-
"(B)- APPLICABLE LEVEL- The applicable level specified in this subparagraph for Y1 is $5,000 for an individual and $10,000 for a family. Such levels shall be increased (rounded to the nearest $100) for each subsequent year by the annual percentage increase in the Consumer Price Index (United States city average) applicable to such year."

I finally found the Health Care bill. It is now sitting on my desktop and in a flash drive. The above paragraph- I believe- applies to the out of pocket expenses one would pay with this bill. The sad thing is there is no ceiling. Each year it will go up...what is different then from what we are doing now?


I highly recommend all to read what may be found in this bill- in this case--Ignorance is not bliss!!! jsf

No comments: