Saturday, April 26, 2008

A new era-keeping an eye out

If anything this forum is going to be used to present the musings of an over-the-hill fishmonger. To some the term fishmonger is probably an unknown word, one that comes from somewhere in the past. I guess that is the purpose of this sight is to look for things that have been lost and find out where they have gone. If I am unable to find what was lost at least I can amuse my self in speculation as where things have fled to.
Today I'll start with the word -fishmonger. According the Dictionary.com a fishmonger is one who is a "dealer in fish, esp. for eating."(http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fishmonger (accessed: April 26, 2008). To be a fishmonger is to work in noble trade and one in which supported my family for a period of 15 years. One who knows fish understands that fish doesn't smell "fishy" until it becomes old. Fresh fish has a clean smell to it, a fresh smell to it. It is pleasant to smell. Old fish- well every one knows what fish smells like. Normally that is old fish. It is what will stink up your fridge before you know it. I mean to keep this sight fresh... if it starts to stink just call me the fishmonger that I am.

I do not have the illusion that this sight will become cutting edge or avant garde in reintroducing things in this forum. It will be just a means in which I can vent.

Welcome to Lost and Found....jsf

2 comments:

Kasi French said...

YAY! So excited about this Daddy!

Gabby said...

I'm trying to picture something that would cause you to "vent"
...nope ...can't picture it.